Friday, November 20, 2015

Painted Curtains

A great cheap way to spice up a room with just the littlest touch of color is to add a couple stripes of paint across the top of your curtains that you already have. It's simple and sure adds to a room.
Photo by Bailey
Supplies needed:
2 curtains (or however many you need), can of spray paint, a bed sheet or news paper, 2 inch wide painter's tape, several sheets of paper, a pencil or pen, and a measuring stick.

Step 1:
Lay down the bed sheet or newspaper to protect the ground.

Step 2:
Lay out curtains to decide how high up you want your stripes, and then draw 4 straight lines. (1st lines 4 inches from top, 2nd lines 6 inches from top, 3rd line 9 inches from top, and 4th line 11 inches from top.)

Step 3:
Place the tape on the curtains carefully lining it up with the edges of both the top and bottom lines.

Step 4:
Then place tape on the 2 middle lines carefully filling in the 3 inches on curtain space that is not being painted.

Step 5:
Grab a few sheets of paper and line them up on the ground to add strips of tape to one edge.

Step 6:
Take the sheets of paper with tape on the edge, and line it up with the bottom of the 4th line shielding the bottom of the curtains from being painted.

Step 7:
After the parts of the curtain not being painted are covered, spray paint the top of the curtains as well as the 2 strips.

Step 8:
After the paint has dried, peel the tape off and you're finished!

2 comments:

  1. I need to think about this. I would love to add a new look to my living room. Maybe this is just the idea that I needed to go with my new couch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot! The design you chose for the example reminds me of the spines of books. If I had the right kind of curtains in my room, I would definitely give this a try!

    ReplyDelete