Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Bulletin Board

Girls love taking pictures and I know I have a bunch printed out, but not a lot of space to put them. I found this easy tutorial on Pinterest on how to make a bulletin board so I would have a place for my pictures. The best part about it is that you can chose whatever print of fabric and whatever color(s) of ribbon to make it match a room.

Photo by Bailey
Supplies needed:
A blank 16x20in canvas (or whatever size you choose), fabric, ribbon, scissors, a pencil, super glue, measuring stick, a stapler, buttons, thread and a needle.

Step 1:
Staple the fabric around to the back of the canvas.

Step 2:
Measure across the canvas diagonally for the placement of the ribbon.

Step 3:
Pulling the ribbon as tight as it will go, carefully super glue it around to the back of the canvas.

Step 4:
Place a button on each of the (13) inside crossings of ribbon.

HINT:
You can use more buttons than 13 if you're wanting to put them on the outside edge crossings as well. It's your choice.

Step 5:
Use a little bit of super glue to secure the buttons to the fabric.

Step 6:
Go back to each button and thread through the holes to secure the ribbon to the canvas.

Print out pictures and you're good to go!

1 comment:

  1. This is really cute! I see things like this in my friends' rooms all the time. I've always considered making one myself.

    ReplyDelete