Sunday, September 6, 2015

Mason Jars

If you're looking for a cute craft idea that can organize things on your bathroom vanity, or even in your bedroom, this is the perfect project! I made these when I moved in with a couple girls and we each needed something to help us organize our things in the bathroom. They're cute, fun, and easy to make. They also match our color theme.
Photo by Bailey
Supplies Needed:
3 mason jars, paint, fabric paint and tape.

Step 1:
Tape around the mason jar towards the bottom, so the part that you are painting will be above the tape line. Paint the jar and let it dry. Repeat with another coat or two, depending on the thickness of the paint.
Photo by Bailey
Step 2:
After the paint has dried completely, tape right above the paint where the sparkles will go underneath, and paint the glue on quickly.
Photo by Bailey
Step 3:
Sprinkle sparkles all over until the glue is covered and shake the excess off over a trash can.

Step 4:
Carefully draw a letter on the front of the mason jar (optional).

Step 5:
Draw a line around the jar following right where the sparkles and paint meet.

HINT:
Be very careful not to knock the sparkles until the glue is dried completely.

Step 6:
After the glue has dried, spray the mason jar with the clear sealant coat so the sparkles don't fall off. Let the sealant dry (about 15 minutes) and you're finished.

Photo by Bailey






Photo by Bailey


2 comments:

  1. I love this idea. Mason jars are very popular right now and I was looking for a way to incorporate them into my home. I also love that you use sealant spray for everything. I have a can at my house and I use it all the time. It is fun learning things that I can do with my daughter. I am looking forward to what you post next. Maybe some Halloween activities;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really cute! I love how they're so great for customizing, so you can have them match the theme or colors of whatever room they're in. I've been thinking about adding some more little decorations to my room, and these could definitely be very useful, too!

    ReplyDelete